The Wasaga Film Festival
"Bringing the World to Wasaga Beach through a shared passion for film and the power of storytelling."
The Wasaga Film Festival Committee is an organization dedicated to the discovery and development of storytellers, artists and audiences. Through its programs, the organization seeks to inspire and encourage people to tell their stories using the media of film and create events that share these stories within our community and beyond.
- To build a unique film festival platform that fosters creativity and innovation as a channel for people to tell their story through all the natural human senses.
- To promote Wasaga Beach as the focal point for arts and cultural activity in the Southern Georgian Bay area and a desirable place to live, work and play.
- To engage Wasaga Beach Businesses in developing their own business as they help build the Wasaga Beach Short Film Festival to be bigger and better year over year.
- To create film festival events that will bolster the tourism shoulder season in Wasaga Beach and serve as a medium to cross promote other year round events and attractions that support our community.
- To help create access to independent voices and new stories within our Southern Georgian Bay communities and help enrich them through our connection with all other festival entrants and partners.
- To help grow an independent film community and foster collaboration for the film industry in Southern Georgian Bay.
Love for Community:
Our love for community and the beautiful natural surroundings our community has to offer compels us to help promote Wasaga Beach as a community that respects its natural gifts and engenders a wholesome Quality of Life.
We believe we can make the World feel at home in our community.
We trust our businesses and partners will embrace our efforts to work towards our vision in a collaborative and productive way.
We believe in sharing our success with our residents, businesses and partners to help build our Southern Georgian Bay Region
We believe our vision is audacious, our path is steep and our journey is just starting. We will only be successful if we collaborate with our neighbours and align with our partners to truly deliver on our vision and mission.
We will not rest on our laurels and will continue to work at building our festival so that it is considered the best short film festival in Ontario and indeed Canada.
We will respect those we work with in the delivery of the Festival, including the expression of alternative points of view and different ways of doing things
We welcome all that support our mission and values in assisting us in delivering the Festival. We recognize that it takes a village to raise a child and in our case, it takes a community to deliver a world class Festival.